If possible, send the samples as soon as possible to the ITM.
- E-swabs or samples in Abbott transport medium can be stored at 2-30°C for max. 4 days and can be sent at room temperature to the ITM.
- Urines can be stored at 2-8°C for max. 4 days. Frozen urines can also be sent to the ITM with use of cool packs or can be sent frozen on dry ice.
- Dry swabs can be stored at -18°C and can be sent to the ITM on dry ice.
For this analysis, diagnosis rule 77 applies.
- Swabs with Abbott transport medium: tubes without a swab, with multiple swabs within the tube will be rejected.
- Swabs without Abbott transport medium: swabs with metal or wooden shafts, or cotton tip, will be rejected.
- All samples will need to be stored and sent correctly to the ITM according to the described rules.